Holiday Advice for Pre-Dialysis Patients

If you have mild kidney disease, going on holiday shouldn’t pose additional health problems, whether you're staying in the UK or going abroad. For general travel advice here are a few sites to check out:

The NHS will look after you if you get ill while on holiday in the UK. If you’re in Europe, the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitles you to free or reduced-cost hospital treatment.

It’s a good idea to take out holiday health insurance in addition to carrying the EHIC. Anyone with kidney disease should declare it as a pre-existing medical condition on standard insurance application forms. It may exclude you from some policies. 

Want to know more?